Pork with Orange Sauce
Health in a Hurry
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 lg. carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 whole pork tenderloin (1 1/4 lbs.)
- 1 lg. navel orange
- 1 tsp. EVOO
- 1 sm. red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard with seeds
- 1 pkg. (7.4oz) heat-and-serve precooked brown rice
- 1. In 9-in. glass pie plate, combine carrots and 1/3 cup water. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on High 6 to 7 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut pork crosswise into 1 1/4 in. sliced. Press each slice with palm of hand to flatten slightly; season both sides with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper. From orange, grate 1/2 tsp. peel and squeeze 1/2 c. juice.
- 3. Heat 12 inch skillet on medium-high until hot. Add oil, then pork in single layer. Sprinkle onion in pan and around pork; cook 4 minutes or until pork browns. Turn pork over and stir onion; cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until pork is barely pink in center. Transfer pork to plate, leaving onion in skillet.
- 4. Add mustard and orange peel and juice to skillet; cook 1 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, microwave rice as label directs.
- 5. Divide pork, carrots, and rice among 4 serving plates and spoon sauce over all.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note