Best stir fry dish we've had from cookinglight!
Pork and Vegetable Stir-Fry with Cashew Rice
For a satisfying, lower-calorie dinner, serve this stir-fry loaded with tender pork and crisp veggies with a side of homemade cashew rice.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups pork mixture and 1/2 cup cashew rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 460
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 31.8g
- Carbohydrate: 55.9g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 787mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted cashews, salted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1)
- Cook the rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Stir in 1/3 cup chopped green onions, chopped dry-roasted cashews, and salt; set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine 2/3 cup chicken broth, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, and honey in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Combine pork, remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch, and the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a bowl, tossing well to coat. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add mushrooms and 1 cup onion; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add peas and bell pepper to pan; sauté 1 minute. Stir in pork; sauté 1 minute. Add reserved broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Serve over cashew rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes