Wrap the pork tightly with bacon to give it smoky flavor and a crispy crust.
This recipe goes with Pork Pesto Panini
Southern Living APRIL 2013
1. Preheat grill to 400° to 500° (high) heat. Sprinkle pork with pepper and 1 tsp. salt; wrap 5 bacon slices around each tenderloin, and secure with wooden picks.
2. Place green beans, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, and remaining 1 tsp. salt in center of a 24- x 18-inch piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil; toss to coat. Bring up sides of foil over beans; double fold top and side edges to seal, making a packet.
3. Turn off one side of grill. Arrange pork and foil packet over unlit side, and grill, covered with grill lid, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mince remaining 2 garlic cloves; sauté in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Add vinegar; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in preserves. Reserve half of mixture for basting. Stir fresh strawberries into remaining mixture.
5. Remove foil packet from grill; transfer pork to lit side. Baste pork with reserved strawberry mixture. Grill 5 more minutes over lit side, turning once. Remove pork from grill; reserve 1 tenderloin for Pork Pesto Panini. Slice remaining tenderloin, and serve with strawberry mixture and green beans.
LEFTOVER DINNER: Pork Pesto Panini. Cut reserved pork from Pork Tenderloins with Balsamic Strawberries into 18 thin slices. Drain 1 (7-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers; cut peppers into 6 pieces. Spread 2 tsp. pesto on each of 6 artisan bread slices. Top each with 3 pork slices, 1 red pepper piece, 1 (1-oz.) Havarti cheese slice, and 1 bread slice. Cook in a preheated panini press 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Makes 6 servings.
Go to Full Version of