The sauce is delicious despite the odd combination of ingredients. I will definitely make it again!
Pork Tenderloin with Olives and Sweet-Tart Onions
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 18.9g
- Carbohydrate: 21.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 416mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 1/4 cup dried sweet cherries
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 pound cipollini onions, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2. Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 45 minutes or until onions are almost tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover, increase heat to medium-high, and cook 7 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently.
- 3. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add pork to pan, and cook 1 minute. Turn pork over. Place pan in oven; bake at 500° for 12 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155° (slightly pink). Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Slice pork crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This