I purchased a whole tenderloin and cut into approx 1 1/4" thick slices while still slightly frozen. Wrapped a piece of Nueskes bacon around each tenderloin and secured with toothpick. Marinated overnight in large ziplock bag. Very tender. Served with choice of twice baked potato or twice baked sweet potato and vegetable. Makes a wonderful special occasion entree. I have tried making with low sodium soy sauce but it is more flavorful with the regular version.
Pork Tenderloin With Mustard Sauce
Yield: Makes 12 appetizer servings
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloins
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup bourbon or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Prick pork tenderloins several times with a fork.
- Combine soy sauce, bourbon, and brown sugar in a shallow dish or zip-top freezer bag; add tenderloins. Cover or seal, and let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, or, if desired, chill 8 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 12 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Stir together sour cream and next 4 ingredients; serve with pork.
- Note: Pork tenderloins may be baked at 500° for 20 to 25 minutes, if desired, instead of grilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers