Pork Tenderloin with Exotic Mushrooms
Enjoy this pork version of creamy Stroganoff; it has a short prep time. Serve with steamed broccoli.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup pork mixture, 1 1/4 cups noodles, and 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 479
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 34.8g
- Carbohydrate: 50.2g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 760mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend (such as shiitake, cremini, and oyster)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) carton reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; keep warm.
- Cut pork crosswise into 4 pieces; cut each piece in half lengthwise. Slice each half into thin strips.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add olive oil. Add pork, salt, thyme, pepper, and mushrooms to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until pork is desired degree of doneness and mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat.
- Combine water, flour, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Stir in sour cream. Add sour cream mixture to pan, stirring to combine. Return pan to medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Serve the pork mixture over noodles; sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes