- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Puritan Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 lbs.) trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Cherry Preserves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary for garnish
How to Make It
WHISK oil, garlic, mustard, thyme, rosemary, pepper and salt in shallow dish until well blended. Add pork. Cover; marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
COAT grill grate or broiler pan with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill or broiler.
REMOVE pork from marinade; discard marinade. Grill or broil tenderloin until medium done, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing diagonally into 1⁄4-inch pieces.
HEAT oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add beef broth. Bring to a boil and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by about half.
REDUCE heat. Add preserves and thyme. Simmer sauce, continuing cooking until thick. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter, one piece at a time. Serve warm with pork. Garnish with rosemary sprigs. TIP: Cherry Compote may be made ahead. Cook after adding preserves and thyme. Refrigerate. Reheat; stir in butter just before serving.