Made salad mostly to recipe, subbing thyme (don't have any tarragon to harvest) and used peaches. Made the oil/vinegar mixture in the mini-processor to speed blending. Coated the pork and put in fridge maybe an hour prior to grilling. Served with the recommended goat cheese toasts, adding garlic & thyme to the cheese rather than sprinkling on top. Very nice early-summer meal.
Pork Tenderloin Salad and Grilled Nectarines
For a fast summertime weeknight dinner, prepare a grilled meal of Pork Tenderloin Salad and Grilled Nectarines. Grilling heightens the sweetness and flavor of the nectarines.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 366
- Fat: 19.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 13.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 25.9g
- Carbohydrate: 22.7g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 335mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 large nectarines, halved and pitted
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Divide mixture in half. Combine half of balsamic mixture with 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Reserve 2 tablespoons maple syrup mixture. Brush remaining maple syrup mixture evenly over pork; sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 16 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved maple syrup mixture. Remove pork from grill, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Coat cut sides of nectarines with cooking spray; brush with remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Place, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 5 minutes or until well marked and tender. Remove from grill; slice into 1/2-inch wedges.
- 4. Combine remaining half of balsamic mixture, greens, and onion in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Divide mixture among 4 plates; top with pork and nectarines.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note