Great taste but sauce was too thin. Next time, I will add more cornstarch. Tastes like an Asian version of a "picatta" dish.
Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Chinese Ginger and Lemon Sauce
The cooking goes quickly for this hearty one-pan meal, so have all the ingredients prepped before you begin.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces pork, 2 tablespoons sauce, and 1 tablespoon green onions)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 189
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 513mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Combine first 3 ingredients, and rub evenly over pork.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan, and cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove pork from pan, and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add 2 tablespoons onions, ginger, and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Combine sherry and next 5 ingredients (through soy sauce) in a small bowl. Add sherry mixture to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes or until pork is done. Remove pork from pan using a slotted spoon, reserving liquid in pan.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan, and bring to a boil. Cook 30 seconds or until slightly thickened. Serve over pork. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes