The pork came out very tender and flavorful without being overpowering. I made it with Mango salsa and basmati rice. My family and company all rated it 5 stars. I will definitely make it again with no changes. If you are short on time, I think it would be fine to skip the mango salsa. I cooked it for 12 minutes with a grill temperature varying between 350-425deg F.
Pork Tenderloin Kebabs
Pineapple stars in the marinade as well as the skewers. Serve these with Mango Salsa and basmati rice.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 kebab)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 247
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 21.9g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 635mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 32 pieces
- 32 (1-inch) cubes fresh pineapple (about 1 medium)
- 16 (1-inch) pieces red onion (about 1 small)
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove pork from bag, reserving 1/2 cup marinade. Thread 4 pork pieces, 4 pineapple cubes, and 2 onion pieces alternately onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until done, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This