The pork came out very tender and flavorful without being overpowering. I made it with Mango salsa and basmati rice. My family and company all rated it 5 stars. I will definitely make it again with no changes. If you are short on time, I think it would be fine to skip the mango salsa. I cooked it for 12 minutes with a grill temperature varying between 350-425deg F.
Pork Tenderloin Kebabs
Pineapple stars in the marinade as well as the skewers. Serve these with Mango Salsa and basmati rice.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 kebab)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 247
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 21.9g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 635mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 32 pieces
- 32 (1-inch) cubes fresh pineapple (about 1 medium)
- 16 (1-inch) pieces red onion (about 1 small)
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove pork from bag, reserving 1/2 cup marinade. Thread 4 pork pieces, 4 pineapple cubes, and 2 onion pieces alternately onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until done, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes