Avocado is a source of healthful monounsaturated fat. Crunchy vegetables, fresh herbs, and lime juice boost the flavor of canned beans.
Cooking Light JUNE 2008
1. To prepare salsa, combine corn, jicama, black beans, cilantro, 1 tablespoon juice, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; toss gently to combine. Cover and chill.
2. To prepare guacamole, combine avocado, 1 1/2 tablespoons juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; mash with a fork until well blended. Stir in tomato. Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on avocado mixture; set aside.
3. To prepare tacos, combine chili powder, oregano, 1 teaspoon cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Add pork to spice mixture; toss to coat.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Remove pork from pan; keep warm.
5. Wipe pan clean with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray. Add 2 tortillas to pan; cook 30 seconds on each side or until soft. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas and cooking spray.
6. Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons guacamole onto each tortilla; top each tortilla with about 1/4 cup pork and about 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold tortillas in half.
Go to Full Version of