Made slaw to recipe using bagged coleslaw. Paired well with tacos filled with leftover pulled pork butt. Served with black beans & corn.
Pork Tacos with Mango Slaw
More From Cooking Light
Total: 28 Minutes
- Calories: 354
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 21.7g
- Carbohydrate: 31.2g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 313mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, chopped
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Turn pork over; place pan in oven. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until a thermometer registers 145° or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan. Let stand 10 minutes; cut pork across the grain into thin slices.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon oil, cabbage, and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper) in a bowl. Combine juice and avocado in a bowl. Add avocado mixture to cabbage mixture; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss gently to combine.
- 4. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates; divide pork evenly among tortillas. Top tacos evenly with cabbage mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This