This was quite yummy and easy to make. I used 1 lb. of pork tenderloin, as that was what I had on hand (I grilled the other tenderloin that came in the package for another use). I also added about 1 cup of shelled edamame which was great for both color and flavor. I thought the 6 oz. of rice noodles called for was just about right. We will make this again.
Pork Strips with Peanut Sauce and Rice Noodles
Rice noodles soak up liquid quickly, so if you're not serving immediately, reserve about 1/4 cup cooked sauce, and add to remaining pork mixture just before serving, tossing gently.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups pork mixture and 2 tablespoons green onions)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 461
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 29.6g
- Carbohydrate: 49.9g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 563mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chile paste with garlic (such as Sambal oelek)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless loin pork chops, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 (6-ounce) package rice noodles
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork and pepper; cook 6 minutes or until pork is done. Add peanut butter mixture to pan, stirring well to coat pork; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Add noodles to the pork mixture, tossing gently. Sprinkle with sliced green onions. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes