Pork Steak Fricassee
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) pork steaks (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- Trim excess fat from steaks, and slice into 4- x 1-inch strips. Sauté strips in hot oil in a large skillet until browned. Remove steak from skillet; drain. Reserve drippings.
- Add flour to drippings; stir until well blended. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture is browned. Add onion and green pepper; cook over low heat 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add water, salt, and pepper; stir until smooth. Add browned steak; cover and cook over medium heat 30 minutes. Stir in green onion; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes