Pork Steak Fricassee
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) pork steaks (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- Trim excess fat from steaks, and slice into 4- x 1-inch strips. Sauté strips in hot oil in a large skillet until browned. Remove steak from skillet; drain. Reserve drippings.
- Add flour to drippings; stir until well blended. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture is browned. Add onion and green pepper; cook over low heat 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add water, salt, and pepper; stir until smooth. Add browned steak; cover and cook over medium heat 30 minutes. Stir in green onion; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note