Very good! May want to make a little extra sauce. Also topped with cilantro in addition to the green onion. My 2 and 4 yr log girls ate the squash and pork without the sauce.
Pork and Squash Stir-Fry
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 257
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 21.9g
- Carbohydrate: 25.9g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 423mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 5 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick, broken
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1. Place squash in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add water to a depth of 1 inch. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add orange rind, ginger, and cinnamon stick pieces; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove and discard cinnamon stick pieces.
- 3. Increase heat to medium-high. Add pork to pan, and sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Add sugar mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Add squash; tossing to coat. Stir in green onions.
- for your toddler: Reserve 3 or 4 cubes of squash following Step 1.
- Sauté 1 strip of pork in a separate pan until done.
- Cut the squash into bite-sized pieces, and shred the pork.
- Serve the pork and squash with rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note