- 1 pound ground mild pork sausage
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, diced
How to Make It
Cook first 5 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
Add rice; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Uncover and cook 5 more minutes. Stir in green onions.