Pork Satay Appetizer
You can also try this recipe with chicken or shrimp. If you like, double the quantities for the sauce.
Yield: serves 12 (serving size: 2 skewers and 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter mixture)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 68
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 8.8g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 108mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut pork into 24 (6 x 1/2-inch) strips; place in a large bowl.
- Combine peanut butter and next 6 ingredients (peanut butter through garlic) in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add 1/4 cup peanut butter mixture to pork; toss well. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Reserve remaining peanut butter mixture.
- Thread pork onto 24 (6-inch) skewers.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Place skewers on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; grill or broil 3 minutes on each side or until done. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with reserved peanut butter mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pork Satay Appetizer Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers