Pork Sandwich Spread
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
Use your slow cooker to make this hearty and delicious dish. This easy Pork Sandwich Spread will please the whole the family and be a winning meal you make again and again.
Yield: Makes 20 sandwiches
- 2 to 3 lb. pork roast
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1 sleeve round buttery crackers
- 20 sandwich buns, split
- Place roast in a slow cooker; sprinkle with seasonings. Cover and cook on high setting for 2 to 3 hours, until fork-tender.
- Remove roast; cool. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Grind meat with a meat grinder; add eggs and crushed crackers. Add reserved liquid and enough water to obtain consistency of thick soup.
- Return meat mixture to slow cooker and cook on low setting for an additional 2 hours. Spoon onto warm buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes