This was a very simple salad with some grilled meat on top, nothing special. I concur that the dressing was WAY too garlicy in addition to the garlic in the pork. I would leave out the raw garlic in the dressing next time. I knew there was no way the thick pork tenderloin I had would cook through in 20 min, so I cut it in half first.
Pork Salad Provençal
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 212
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 382mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 2 garlic cloves, divided
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Thinly slice 1 garlic clove. With a sharp knife, make 8 small slits in pork; insert garlic slices into slits. Coat pork with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 155°, turning once. Let stand for 5 minutes; slice.
- 3. Mince the remaining garlic clove. Combine minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil, and thyme in a large bowl, stirring well. Add lettuce and remaining ingredients; toss. Arrange 1 1/2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; top evenly with pork.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note