- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 (8-ounce) packages button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 (8-ounce) package cremini mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, quartered (about 6)
- 1 3/4 pounds boned pork loin roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups cooked medium egg noodles (about 4 cups uncooked pasta)
- calories 460
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fat 11.2 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 4.4 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 34 g
- carbohydrate 56 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 117 mg
- iron 5.6 mg
- sodium 444 mg
- calcium 62 mg
How to Make It
Discard shiitake mushroom stems; cut caps into quarters.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, and thyme in an electric slow cooker; stir well with a whisk. Add all mushrooms, onion, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Trim fat from pork. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; place on top of mushroom mixture. Pour 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes over pork. Cover with lid; cook on high heat for 1 hour. Reduce heat setting to low; cook 7 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker; cut into slices. Serve over noodles.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.