Pork Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
More From Parenting
Amount per serving
- Calories: 401
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Sodium: 172mg
- Cholesterol: 68g
- Two 2- to 2 1/2-lb boneless pork loin roasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and cut in eighths
- 16-oz bag baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prep time: 10 minutes
Roasting time: About 2 hours
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Trim fat from pork roast. Sprinkle the pork with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
2. Cut the garlic into slivers. Poke holes in the roast with a sharp knife and insert garlic slivers. Put the pork on a rack in a roasting pan and place in the oven. Reduce heat to 325 degrees, and roast meat for about 45 minutes.
3. Toss the potatoes and carrots with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and place in the pan around the pork.
4. Roast another 75 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; toss vegetables with oil and sprinkle with salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pork Roast with Potatoes and Carrots Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes