Pork Rib Chops with Sweet Peppers & Basil from Martha Stewart
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 bone-in rib chops (ea. abt. 8 oz. & 1/2" thick
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil divided
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound(s) sweet peppers sliced into 1/4" rings
- 1 medium red onion sliced into 1/4" rings
- 2 sprig(s) fresh basil plus small basil leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vingar
- 1. Season chops with 1 tablespoon salt & 1/2 teaspoon pepper total. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chops, flipping once, until golden brown on both sides. about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium & add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook peppers, onion, & basil, gently stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften & turn golden in places, about 7 minutes. Return chops, along with accumulated juices on the plate, to the skillet, placing them on top of the vegetables. Add vinegar, cover & cook until a thermometer inserted into the thickset part of the chops (do not touch bone) reaches 145 degrees, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Discard basil sprigs & divide chops & vegetables evenly among 4 plates. Garnish with basil leaves.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pork Rib Chops with Sweet Peppers & Basil from Martha Stewart Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes