Pork Pozole Pizza or Pizzole
Great use of leftover Pozole. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-pozole-173985/
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 juice of one lg lime
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Leftover Pozole
- 1 Thin Medium Pizza Crust
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) Flour
- 1/2 cup(s) Mexican style beer
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half or milk
- 4 oz can(s) jalapeno peppers diced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) queso fresco or Monterrey Cheese Shredded
- 3 tablespoon(s) cilantro Chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place sliced onion in small bowl, cover with lime juice, sprinkle with salt, toss and set aside.
- Make sauce. Melt butter in small sauce pan, sprinkle with flour, cook and stir 1 minute. Add beer stir until starting to thicken. Add chicken broth, half-and-half or milk and diced jalapenos and stir until thickened.
- Spread all or most of sauce on pizza crust, cover liberally with leftover Pozole, cover with cheese. Bake about 15 minutes or to desired crispness.
- Remove from oven, cover with drained onions, sprinkle with cilantro, cut and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by barbi3142 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pork Pozole Pizza or Pizzole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza