just found a recipe......after scavenging from fridge!
Pork-Potato Hash with Eggs
$1.81 per serving.
Pork sold as "country-style ribs" is not always from the rib section; it can be cut from a pork shoulder roast, too. Either way, it's economical and generally cut into individual "ribs," making it easy for you to ask your butcher for just the number you need.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 20.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33.2g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 244mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 845mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 12 ounces pork country-style ribs (about 2 ribs)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed red potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly diagonally sliced green onions
- 1. Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Add 2 1/2 cups water and garlic to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour or until pork is fork-tender. Remove pork from pan, reserving cooking liquid and garlic. Place cooking liquid in a bowl. Cool pork slightly. Remove meat from bones; shred with two forks.
- 2. Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Heat olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and onion to pan, and sauté for 8 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Add cooking liquid and garlic to potato mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and liquid evaporates. Stir in shredded pork and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Working with one egg at a time, carefully crack eggs over potato mixture, about 1 inch apart in pan. Sprinkle eggs evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper. Cover, reduce heat, and cook for 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle with green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note