This is SO yummy! I have made a couple of times and it is delish. Plus, the portion size is huge!
Pork Pot Pies With Corn Pudding Crust
Beth Dreiling Hontzas
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 318
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 32.5g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 117.2mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 752mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 poblano chile peppers, seeded and diced**
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Corn Pudding Crust Batter
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1. Remove silver skin from pork tenderloin, leaving a thin layer of fat covering meat. Cut pork into 1-inch cubes.
- 2. Sprinkle pork with salt; dredge in flour. Sauté pork, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned.
- 3. Return pork to skillet. Stir in onion and next 4 ingredients, and sauté 3 minutes.
- 4. Gradually stir in broth, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Bring to a boil, and stir in black beans. Remove from heat.
- 5. Spoon mixture into 8 lightly greased 8-oz. ramekins. Spoon Corn Pudding Crust Batter evenly over pork mixture.
- 6. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until set and golden. Garnish, if desired.
- *2 lb. skinned and boned chicken breasts may be substituted.
- **1 green bell pepper and 1 seeded and minced jalapeño pepper may be substituted.
- Note: To make pot pie in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, prepare recipe as directed through Step 4. Spoon pork mixture into a lightly greased baking dish. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This