- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups chipotle salsa, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
How to Make It
Brown pork in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Add jalapeño pepper and next 4 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in raisins, 1/2 cup salsa, and lime juice. Remove from heat, and stir in almonds and sour cream. Cool.
Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit in half to make 16 rounds. Roll each round on a lightly floured surface to a 4-inch circle.
Spoon pork mixture evenly in center of each dough circle. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges with a fork to seal. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill up to 8 hours.
Place empanadas on lightly greased baking sheets. Brush evenly with egg.
Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets. Serve with remaining 1 1/2 cups chipotle salsa.
NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits.