Pork and Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Sodium: 318mg
- 2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms (cut in half if large), thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 5 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice, prepared without salt, cooled
- 1/4 cup drained canned sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 12 leaves from 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 1. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in remaining oil, garlic, ginger and white parts of scallions. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add pork and sauté, breaking up meat, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.
- 3. Add carrot and bell pepper to skillet and sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in rice, water chestnuts, soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook, stirring constantly, until rice is coated and heated through, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat and stir half of reserved scallion greens into pork mixture.
- 4. Divide pork mixture among lettuce leaves; sprinkle with additional scallion greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note