- 1 cup panko
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese plus 1/4 cup shavings from a block of parmesan (use a vegetable peeler)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 boneless center-cut pork chops, each about 3/4 in. thick (1 1/2 lbs. total) and pounded to a thickness of 1/4 in. (see Notes)
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 fennel bulb, stalks trimmed and bulb thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- calories 725
- caloriesfromfat 65 %
- protein 46 g
- fat 52 g
- satfat 14 g
- carbohydrate 18 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- sodium 726 mg
- cholesterol 229 mg
How to Make It
Combine panko, grated parmesan, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper on a large plate. In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs. Dip each pork chop in egg, then transfer to panko mixture and coat completely with crumbs. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine arugula, fennel slices, and parmesan shavings. Drizzle salad with 3 tbsp. olive oil and the lemon juice. Toss, season with remaining salt and pepper, and toss again.
In a 12-in. nonstick frying pan, heat remaining 1/2 cup olive oil over medium-high heat. Add two pork chops and cook, turning once, until crusts are deep golden brown and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer chops to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining chops.
Cut each chop in half diagonally and arrange on a serving platter with salad. Serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.