This is just delicious!!!
Pork Medallions with Garlic-Ginger Pomegranate Sauce
"I'm always creating recipes using the latest cooking trends. This simple, healthy pork recipe involves pomegranate juice, ginger, and cilantro." -Tracey Medeiros, Atlanta
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 pieces pork and 1 tablespoon sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 24.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 551mg
- Calcium: 12mg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add pork; seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove pork from bag, reserving marinade. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Pour reserved marinade over pork. Wrap handle of pan with foil; bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160° (slightly pink). Remove pork from pan; let stand 10 minutes. Cut crosswise into 8 pieces.
- Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch, stirring well with a whisk. Bring marinade to a boil over medium-high heat. Add cornstarch mixture to marinade; cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Serve over pork; sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes