Delicious, easy and super fast, and healthy. It's the trifecta!!!! This will definitely be in regular rotation in my house. I used fresh squeezed orange juice ( half of one orange) and fresh lemon. Don't use pre squeezed juices.
Pork Medallions with Whisky-Cumberland Sauce and Haricots Verts
Try serving with roasted new potatoes to round out the meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26.2g
- Carbohydrate: 16.5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 388mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky or bourbon
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 12 pieces
- 2 (8-ounce) packages microwave-in-a-bag fresh haricots verts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until thoroughly heated; set mixture aside.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper evenly over both sides of pork. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add whisky mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 1 minute).
- 3. Cook haricots verts according to package directions. Combine haricots verts, butter, remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl; toss well to coat. Place 3 pork medallions and 4 ounces haricots verts on each of 4 plates; top pork with 1 tablespoon sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This