- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky or bourbon
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 12 pieces
- 2 (8-ounce) packages microwave-in-a-bag fresh haricots verts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- calories 256
- fat 9 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 26.2 g
- carbohydrate 16.5 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 81 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 388 mg
- calcium 53 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until thoroughly heated; set mixture aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper evenly over both sides of pork. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add whisky mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 1 minute).
Cook haricots verts according to package directions. Combine haricots verts, butter, remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl; toss well to coat. Place 3 pork medallions and 4 ounces haricots verts on each of 4 plates; top pork with 1 tablespoon sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.