Smoky Marsala wine brings out the woodsy note of the mushrooms.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 chops, about 1 cup pasta, and 1 tablespoon onions)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 495
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 13.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 35.9g
- Carbohydrate: 49.9g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 126mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 651mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 (2-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (1/4 inch thick), trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; toss with butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; dredge pork in flour. Add half of pork to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove pork from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and pork.
- Add shallots and mushrooms to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return pork to pan; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until pork is done. Serve the pork mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes