Pork Loin Stuffed with Cranberries and Rosemary
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice, divided
- 1 (3-pound) boneless center-cut pork loin
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup port
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place cranberries in a small bowl; pour 1/2 cup cranberry juice over berries, and soak 10 minutes or until fruit is slightly plumped. Drain, if necessary.
- 2. Trim pork loin of excess fat; rinse and pat dry. Slit 1 end of pork loin with tip of a small knife to make a 1/2-inch incision. Use a sharpening steel or handle of a wooden spoon to make a tunnel inside center of pork loin. Combine cranberries and 1 tablespoon rosemary; stuff mixture down tunnel, using spoon handle to push through center. If handle isn't long enough to go all the way through, stuff from both ends. Rub pork loin with 1 tablespoon olive oil, remaining 1 tablespoon rosemary, thyme, sea salt, and pepper.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil with butter in a heavy-duty roasting pan or large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Sauté pork loin, evenly on all sides, 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Add port and remaining 1 cup cranberry juice; bring to a low boil, scraping any brown bits from bottom of pan.
- 4. Bake at 350°, basting several times, 40 to 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 150°. Remove pork from oven, and place on serving platter. Let rest, loosely covered, 10 to 15 minutes. (Pork will continue to cook.) Remove pork to serving platter.
- 5. Whisk together cornstarch and 1 teaspoon pan drippings. Heat remaining pan drippings over medium heat in heavy-duty roasting pan or large skillet. Whisk in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute. Spoon over pork just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes