1. Combine 1 Tbsp. flour, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of flour mixture on 1 side of each chop.
2. Cook chops, in batches, flour mixture sides down, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned. (Do not turn.) Sprinkle remaining flour mixture on top of each chop; turn chops over, and cook 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
3. Bake chops at 425° for 7 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 150°. Transfer chops to a platter, and keep warm. Reserve juices in broiler pan for later use.
4. Add butter, onion, and half of pears to skillet; cook over medium-low heat 8 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
5. Stir together broth and 1 tsp. flour in a small bowl. Stir broth mixture, sherry, vinegar, and reserved juices from chops into skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat, and stir in remaining pears. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon gravy over chops. Garnish, if desired.
*1 Tbsp. port may be substituted.
**1 tsp. cider vinegar may be substituted.