Pork Lo Mein
If you cook the pork and vegetables in vegetable oil instead of sesame oil, this dish will have a milder flavor and fragrance.
More From Southern Living
- 8 ounces uncooked lo mein noodles or thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 lb.), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped celery (about 2 ribs)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain well; keep warm.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add pork, and stir-fry 5 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet.
- 3. Add onion, mushrooms, and celery to skillet; stir-fry 4 minutes. Stir in soy sauce. Return pork to skillet; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in cooked pasta and pepper, tossing to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note