- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 bell peppers, red or green, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8-oz package presliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups thin strips of cooked pork
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti, linguine, or any other thin pasta
- calories (1 1/4 cups): 238
- fat 10 g
- satfat 3 g
- sodium 562 mg
- cholesterol 44 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the garlic, peppers, and sliced mushrooms until soft, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the pork strips and the cornstarch. Add the chicken broth and soy sauce, and cook until sauce is thickened and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Stir to combine and cook for another minute, then add the cooked pasta. Stir until heated through.
How kids can help: Wash peppers and mushrooms; measure ingredients.