- 1 pound pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound chopped cooked ham
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 (10 3/4-ounce) cans beef broth, undiluted
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Dash of red pepper
- Sauté pork and onion in shortening in a large Dutch oven 5 minutes. Stir in ham and sausage; cook until meat is browned. Add beef broth, bay leaf, parsley, cloves, and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Gradually stir in rice. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until meat and rice are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Remove bay leaf and cloves; discard.
- Serve immediately in individual bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This