Pork Hum Bao
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) Dried Yeast
- 1 cup(s) Lukewarm Water
- 4 1/2 cup(s) Flour
- 1/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup(s) Boiling Water
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 clove(s) Garlic Chopped Fine
- 1/2 pound(s) Barbecued Pork Cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cornstarch
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Add 1 cup of flour. Mix thoroughly. Cover with cloth. Let rise 1 hour, until bubbles appear.
- Dissolve sugar and vegetable oil in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir well. Cool until lukewarm. Pour into yeast mixture. Add 3 1/2 cups flour.
- Knead dough on lightly floured board until smooth. Put into extra large, greased bowl in a warm place. Cover with damp cloth. Let rise until double in bulk, about 2 hours.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok. Stir fry scallion and garlic 30 seconds. Add pork. Stir fry 1 minute. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar.
- Pour in dissolved cornstarch. Stir fry quickly until pork is glazed. Remove to bowl and allow to cool.
- On a floured board, knead dough 1 minute and roll into one long, sausage-like roll 2 inches in diameter.
- Slice the roll crosswise into 1 inch pieces.
- Flatten each piece with the palm of your hand and roll with rolling pin into 3 inch rounds.
- Place 2 tablespoons of filling in center of each round.
- Gather dough up around the filling by pleating along the edges.
- Bring the pleats up and twist securely and firmly.
- Place each bun on 2 inch square of aluminum foil on steamer tray. Cover with a towel. Let rise 1 hour, until dough springs back when touched with finger. Remove towel.
- Steam over briskly boiling water 10 minutes.
- May be prepared in advance. May be frozen. Thaw out in plastic bag and resteam 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jessicamarissa9 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note