- 1 pound (1/4-inch-thick) pork loin cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or onion
- 1 to 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons red pepper jelly
- 1 large peach, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Summer Corn Grits
- Garnish: fresh thyme leaves
How to Make It
Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Cook, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer pork to a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan, and keep warm in a 200° oven.
Add shallots and thyme to skillet; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Stir in wine and pepper jelly until smooth. Stir in peach and tomato, and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over pork, and serve immediately with grits.