Very good recipe. I added some zucchini I had on hand.
Pork in Garlic Sauce
More From Southern Living
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 5 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound lean, boneless pork chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Garnishes: chopped green onions, orange slices
- Stir together 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce in a medium bowl until smooth. Add pork, tossing to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Stir together remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, remaining 4 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, and 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce.
- Heat oils in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add pork mixture, and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is browned. Add mushrooms and next 5 ingredients; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in hoisin sauce mixture, and stir-fry 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in orange juice. Serve over warm rice. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes