Simple prep, fresh mango makes a nice change. Added 1 tsp ancho chile powder to pork, other wise made to recipe. Self-serve with small bowls of toppings to go with the sour cream & mango -- habanero & chipotle salsas, cilantro leaves, diced tomato, sliced scallion. Served with refried beans/green chiles. CL's grilled stuffed jalapenos to start. Good for a football Sunday.
Pork Fajitas with Mango
Enjoy these with lime wedges and Mexican beer.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups pork mixture, 6 tablespoons mango, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 2 tortillas)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 410
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 51.6g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 579mg
- Calcium: 147mg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups julienne-cut red bell pepper, (about 1 medium)
- 2 cups julienne-cut green bell pepper, (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 (8-inch) low-fat flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango (about 1)
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Combine juice, cumin, and pork in a medium bowl, tossing well to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Remove from pan.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add peppers and onion; cook 6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and pork; cook for 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and sugar; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Warm the tortillas according to package instructions. Serve pork mixture with tortillas, mango, and sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes