Simple prep, fresh mango makes a nice change. Added 1 tsp ancho chile powder to pork, other wise made to recipe. Self-serve with small bowls of toppings to go with the sour cream & mango -- habanero & chipotle salsas, cilantro leaves, diced tomato, sliced scallion. Served with refried beans/green chiles. CL's grilled stuffed jalapenos to start. Good for a football Sunday.
Pork Fajitas with Mango
Ripe mango is such a wonderful and sweet accompaniment to the pork in this mouth-watering fajitas dish. Enjoy these with lime wedges and Mexican beer.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups pork mixture, 6 tablespoons mango, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 2 tortillas)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 410
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 51.6g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 579mg
- Calcium: 147mg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups julienne-cut red bell pepper, (about 1 medium)
- 2 cups julienne-cut green bell pepper, (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 (8-inch) low-fat flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango (about 1)
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Combine juice, cumin, and pork in a medium bowl, tossing well to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Remove from pan.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add peppers and onion; cook 6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and pork; cook for 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and sugar; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Warm the tortillas according to package instructions. Serve pork mixture with tortillas, mango, and sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note