I used shredded pork from the pork carnitas recipe. These were the best enchilada's I have ever eaten bar none.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 653
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 47g
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 2471mg
- Cholesterol: 159mg
- 3 cups slivered (1/4. in. thick) cooked citrus-cumin barbecued pork
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jar (1 lb., 1 3/4 cups) tomatillo salsa
- 2 cups tomato salsa
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 8 corn tortillas (6 to 7 in. wide)
- 2 cups (1/2 lb.) shredded jack cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- 1. Mix pork, cilantro, and 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa.
- 2. In a 9- by 13-inch pan, mix tomato salsa and 1/2 cup broth.
- 3. In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, bring remaining 1/2 cup broth to steaming. Remove from heat. Dip 1 tortilla at a time in broth to slightly soften, about 1 second. As softened, lay each tortilla flat and spoon 1/8 of the pork mixture down the center. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon cheese, then roll tortilla to enclose filling. Set the enchilada seam down in the 9- by 13-inch pan. Repeat to fill remaining tortillas.
- 4. Spoon remaining tomatillo salsa over enchiladas, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 5. Bake in a 400° oven until enchiladas are hot in the center and salsa is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Top portions with sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This