- 3 cups slivered (1/4. in. thick) cooked citrus-cumin barbecued pork
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jar (1 lb., 1 3/4 cups) tomatillo salsa
- 2 cups tomato salsa
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 8 corn tortillas (6 to 7 in. wide)
- 2 cups (1/2 lb.) shredded jack cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- calories 653
- caloriesfromfat 47 %
- protein 47 g
- fat 34 g
- satfat 16 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- sodium 2471 mg
- cholesterol 159 mg
How to Make It
Mix pork, cilantro, and 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa.
In a 9- by 13-inch pan, mix tomato salsa and 1/2 cup broth.
In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, bring remaining 1/2 cup broth to steaming. Remove from heat. Dip 1 tortilla at a time in broth to slightly soften, about 1 second. As softened, lay each tortilla flat and spoon 1/8 of the pork mixture down the center. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon cheese, then roll tortilla to enclose filling. Set the enchilada seam down in the 9- by 13-inch pan. Repeat to fill remaining tortillas.
Spoon remaining tomatillo salsa over enchiladas, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake in a 400° oven until enchiladas are hot in the center and salsa is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Top portions with sour cream.