Pork Egg Rolls American Style
Shredded pork and veggie's with a colorful twist!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 head(s) chinese cabbage or bok choy diced
- 2 carrots finely thin sliced
- 1 pound(s) pork tenderloin cooked to doneness and shredded
- 1 pound(s) sliced mushrooms, any kind
- 1 whole(s) yellow onion
- 1/4 cup(s) rice vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 half stick(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) purple cabbage sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar or honey
- 1 package(s) egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) your preferred type of cooking oil
- ginger to taste
- While pork is cooking in the oven, prepare the veggies.
- When pork is done, shred or mince finely and place in a separate bowl.
- Add butter and melt, then add the vinegar, honey or sugar, water and seasonings along with the carrots, mushrooms, onions
- to saute pan and cook til just barely soft.
- Then add the cabbage's and cook
- until tender. I like mine added at the end after onions, carrots and mushrooms are soft.
- Longer if you don't want a tender crisp texture.
- I prefer mine with a little crunch.
- Add pork at the last minute and mix well together.
- Drain in colander, so that all the liquid is removed and let cool.
- Then follow directions to wrap the meat and veg mixture.
- Heat oil, then cook egg rolls.
- Let drain on paper towels.
- They are best eaten right away!
- For vegetarians, just omit the pork!
- Or you can substitute chicken or thin sliced fajita beef for the pork for non pork diets.
- You can also use a garlic or any other flavored vinegar to add a variation on taste.
- You can also freeze the uncooked rolls for future use.
- Just make sure they are wrapped tightly to avoid ice crystals.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by roossy90 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note