Pork Egg Rolls American Style
Community Recipe from
- 1 head(s) chinese cabbage or bok choy diced
- 2 carrots finely thin sliced
- 1 pound(s) pork tenderloin cooked to doneness and shredded
- 1 pound(s) sliced mushrooms, any kind
- 1 whole(s) yellow onion
- 1/4 cup(s) rice vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 half stick(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) purple cabbage sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar or honey
- 1 package(s) egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) your preferred type of cooking oil
- ginger to taste
- While pork is cooking in the oven, prepare the veggies.
- When pork is done, shred or mince finely and place in a separate bowl.
- Add butter and melt, then add the vinegar, honey or sugar, water and seasonings along with the carrots, mushrooms, onions
- to saute pan and cook til just barely soft.
- Then add the cabbage's and cook
- until tender. I like mine added at the end after onions, carrots and mushrooms are soft.
- Longer if you don't want a tender crisp texture.
- I prefer mine with a little crunch.
- Add pork at the last minute and mix well together.
- Drain in colander, so that all the liquid is removed and let cool.
- Then follow directions to wrap the meat and veg mixture.
- Heat oil, then cook egg rolls.
- Let drain on paper towels.
- They are best eaten right away!
- For vegetarians, just omit the pork!
- Or you can substitute chicken or thin sliced fajita beef for the pork for non pork diets.
- You can also use a garlic or any other flavored vinegar to add a variation on taste.
- You can also freeze the uncooked rolls for future use.
- Just make sure they are wrapped tightly to avoid ice crystals.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by roossy90 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes