- Four 6-oz bone-in, center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed of fat
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 2 large red or green peppers, sliced, or 3 cups frozen mixed pepper strips (defrosted)
- 14.5-oz can fat-free, reduced-sodium beef broth
- 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
- calories 413
- fat 7.5 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- sodium 646 mg
- cholesterol 69 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours
Season chops with salt and pepper.
Coat cooker with cooking spray. Layer barley, chops, and peppers in cooker.
Pour the beef broth and the tomatoes with juice over the chops.
Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, or until chops and barley are tender. Slice pork chops for kids' servings.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients and add to cooker.