The pork and the cider sauce were good, but there was too much sage and too many sweet potatoes - and I only used two. Could adjust, but I probably won't make this again. If you love sage and sweet potatoes this could be a great fall recipe.
Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) butterflied boneless pork chops
- 1 cup apple cider, divided
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large Rome or other cooking apples, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Brown pork chops on both sides in a nonstick skillet; set aside.
- Place 3/4 cup apple cider and next 5 ingredients in skillet. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add apple and pork chops; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender and pork chops are done. Remove apple, sweet potato, and pork chops to serving plate, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup cider with cornstarch, stirring until smooth. Stir into drippings. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Pour over pork chops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This