- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) butterflied boneless pork chops
- 1 cup apple cider, divided
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large Rome or other cooking apples, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
How to Make It
Brown pork chops on both sides in a nonstick skillet; set aside.
Place 3/4 cup apple cider and next 5 ingredients in skillet. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Add apple and pork chops; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender and pork chops are done. Remove apple, sweet potato, and pork chops to serving plate, reserving drippings in skillet.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup cider with cornstarch, stirring until smooth. Stir into drippings. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Pour over pork chops.