Pork Chops with Paprika and Sage Cream
Make extra suace to spoon over a side of pasta.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2-1/2 teaspoon(s) Imported Med Hot Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Fresh Ground White Pepper
- 4 piece(s) Pork Loin Chops Trimmed, cut to 1 in thick
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) Shallots or Green Onions Minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Fresh Sage, Minced or 3/4 tsp dried, crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) Dry White Wine
- 3/4 cup(s) Whipping Cream
- dash(es) Salt to taste
- dash(es) Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- sprig(s) Fresh Sage Leaves to garnish
- Combine paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper in small bowl. Spread half of the mixture on pork chops, pressing into both sides. Reserve remaining paprika mixture for the sauce.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter with vegetable oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops and brown well, about 3 min per side. Reduce heat to Medium-Low and continue to saute until just cooked through, about 3 additional min per side. Transfer pork chops to heated platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour off drippings from the skillet. Add remaining 1 Tablespoon butter to skillet and melt over Medium-Low heat. Add shallots and cook 2 mins stirring occasionally. Add remaining paprika mixture and minced sage and cook 30 seconds. Add wine and boil until liquid is reduced by half, scraping up any browned bits, about 3 mins. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in whipped cream. Simmer until thickened slightly, stirring frequently, about 3 mins. Season with salt and pepper. Add any pork chop juices that may have accumulated on the platter. Spoon sauce over chops. Garnish with fresh sage leaves.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nancystable and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note