Good dish, not spectacular but tasty and easy.
Pork Chops with Ginger-Cherry Sauce
Use any variety of fruit preserves if you don't have cherry on hand. Serve with egg noodles tossed with chopped fresh parsley.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 275
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 23.5g
- Carbohydrate: 26.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 453mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 4 (4-ounce) center-cut boneless pork chops, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; add to pan. Cook 4 minutes on each side; remove pork from pan.
- Combine preserves and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Add preserves mixture to pan; reduce heat, and cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Return pork to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes