Pork Chops With Fried Apples
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of rubbed sage
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3 medium-size cooking apples, unpeeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Hot biscuits (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish; beat well. Dip chops in egg mixture; dredge in flour. Reserve 2 tablespoons of flour for gravy.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in a large skillet to 350°. Add pork chops; fry until golden brown and tender, turning as needed. Drain chops; transfer to a warm serving platter. Reserve pan drippings in skillet.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons pan drippings to a small skillet; add reserved flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Pour gravy into serving bowl.
- Fry apple slices in remaining reserved hot pan drippings until tender, turning once. Drain well on paper towels. Sprinkle apple slices with sugar. To serve, arrange fried apple slices around pork chops, and serve with gravy and hot biscuits , if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes